Saturday 16 May 2015

A long weekend in Milan



I recently had a lovely weekend in Milan with my mum ... to celebrate a rather big birthday (for her)!


One of the best things that we did was the food tour. We were really lucky to have a day when it was just me, my mum and the guide. We were taken around a range of different foodie places & even included a wee Aperitivo! Aperitivo is my absolute favourite part of Italy. Our guide was so enthusiastic and gave us so many ideas for the weekend - I really felt like we learnt a lot from the tour.  






The tour really informed the rest of our trip & we ended up spending a lot of time in the Brera district. Mostly looking in shoe shops and tasting the Prosecco!  We visited N'ombra de vin - where we had a lovely glass of prosecco. We spent quite a lot of our time admiring the Milano fashion, The D&G Martini bar & Armani hotels were fantastic places to check out the fashion.

Our one very touristy activity was going to the roof of the Duomo. The views are absolutely unmissable!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment